"Send out Your light and Your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling." Psalm 43:3

Thursday, June 28, 2012

About this blog

A quick overview of what I intend this blog to be, and what any readers may expect to find here.  As stated in the introductory post, I have launched this blog desirous of being able to clarify some things in my own mind regarding my faith and future, and hoping to find some spiritual direction from others.  Accordingly, I expect to post reflections of mine about my own faith journey and about the church (things general and specific, foundational and current), as well as open-ended questions.  Again, I expect some questions will be quite specific (how does one manage the responsibilities of a vocation like the priesthood with the responsibilities of supporting a family?), some very broad (what does the future hold for the Episcopal Church, and should I hope to be a part of that future?).

Interspersed throughout will be book reviews and thoughts on what I have recently read or am currently reading.  I love to read, and turn daily to books for direction and conversation.  Any suggestions of books that I should add to my reading list would be most welcome (see the 'On My Bookshelf' page).

I hope to add a post or two on a weekly basis, approximately.  At least, that is my ambitious goal for the remainder of the summer (ah, summer ... maybe I do just want to teach for the rest of my life).

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment